|POPS Philosophy: To provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment to play competitive softball, for all levels of play.|
* A special THANKS goes out to Mark Brook,Frank Commuzie and Howie Gallub, who worked tirelessly to get these fields ready for each game.
* Special shout out to POPS very own...Mike Nathan from Oceanside HS buildings and grounds who spends his break time running machines to rake the field for you!!!!!
* If there is a chance of rain... Check back to this site at around 4-5pm. Contact your manager, as they will be the 1st to be informed once the grounds crew or parks make decisions about the fields.
TBD = To Be Determined by the Park or Grounds Crew.
Which Fields, What Days, What Times?
Below is a list of fields we play on with the times of games on those fields. Note that adjustments to days/times may be made on occasion during the season.
Its time to get started for the 2017 season. There are many good changes going on in POPS Softball this year.
Registration has started and you should be contacting your manager. There are managers looking for players in all 3 leagues the 40, 50 and NEW 60 & Over leagues. New teams from within and outside POPS are looking to play.
* If you are an individual or team looking to join POPS Softball, contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You asked for it and it's HERE: "POPS 60 & Over Softball" will be starting in 2017. Start spreading the word. All games will be played on Wednesday evenings, so as not to conflict with any 40 or 50 & Over games. Registration will be limited as we can only start with 4-6 teams. All players currently playing in POPS will get the 1st opportunity to play. There will be teams formed from individuals looking to join. Each team may have 5 players who turn 58 or 59 by Dec. 31, 2017 .
Congratulations to the Following POPS Regular Season Championship Teams:
40 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Zimmerman
B Division Team - Lashinsky
C Division Team - Bogatz
50 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Pastuch
B Division Team - Gallub
C Division Team - Smith
Congratulations to the Following POPS Fall Ball Championship Teams:
40/50 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Intrabartola
B Division Team - Commuzie
60 & Over Team
Congratulations to the following POPS Scholarship Award Winners:
1) Hailey Arm 2) Joseph Delgiorno
3) Dylan Jacobs 4) Matt Kovitz
5) Amanda Lastella