|POPS Philosophy: To provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment to play competitive softball, for all levels of play.|
* A special THANKS goes out to Mark Brook,Frank Commuzie and Howie Gallub, who work tirelessly to get these fields ready for each game.
* Special shout out to POPS very own...Mike Nathan from Oceanside HS buildings and grounds and team Bogatz, who spends his break time running machines to rake the field for you!!!!!
* If there is a chance of rain... Check back to this site at around 4-5pm. Contact your manager, as they will be the 1st to be informed once the grounds crew or parks make decisions about the fields.
TBD = To Be Determined by the Park or Grounds Crew.
Which Fields, What Days, What Times?
Below is a list of fields we play on with the times of games on those fields. Note that adjustments to days/times may be made on occasion during the season.
The 2016 Fall Ball season is over. Thanks to all players and managers who participated and made it successful once again.
Thankfully, it is rare that we post something like this on our website. One of our own, Ed Cain, is going through a battle for his life and we want to offer the POPS family the opportunity to show its support. Please read over the GoFundMe page for Ed and if you feel so inclined, donate to help Ed and his family with his medical and other expenses. Commish
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow what a finish to the regular season. 5 out 6 NEW Division champions. I am still recovering. Now that the dinner is behind us and Fall Ball is in action its time to discuss 2017.
Many have approached me about starting their own team for next year. To make that a reality, make sure you email me to inform me and I'll record it. This will ensure that we take new teams from within POPS rather than from teams outside the league.
You asked for it and it's coming: "POPS 60 & Over Softball" will be starting in Spring 2017. Start spreading the word. All games will be played on Wednesday evenings, so as not to conflict with any 40 or 50 & Over games. Registration will be limited as we can only start with 6 teams. All players currently playing in POPS will get the 1st opportunity to play. There will be teams formed from individuals looking to join.
Congratulations to the Following POPS Championship Teams:
40 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Zimmerman
B Division Team - Lashinsky
C Division Team - Bogatz
50 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Pastuch
B Division Team - Gallub
C Division Team - Smith
Congratulations to the following POPS Scholarship Award Winners:
1) Hailey Arm 2) Joseph Delgiorno
3) Dylan Jacobs 4) Matt Kovitz
5) Amanda Lastella