|POPS Philosophy: To provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment to play competitive softball, for all levels of play.|
Tues. July 26, 9:00am
* A special THANKS goes out to Mark Brook,Frank Commuzie and Howie Gallub, who work tirelessly to get these fields ready for each game.
*Additional shout out to Tony Spataro and Rich Dominguez for the help with the field.
* If there is a chance of rain... Check back to this site at around 4-5pm. Contact your manager, as they will be the 1st to be informed once the grounds crew or parks make decisions about the fields.
TBD = To Be Determined by the Park or Grounds Crew.
Which Fields, What Days, What Times?
Below is a list of fields we play on with the times of games on those fields. Note that adjustments to days/times may be made on occasion during the season.
* The final Standings and the Division alignment for the playoffs for both the 40 & 50 Leagues are completed, as well as the Playoff Schedules. See above tabs - Standings and Schedules. Good Luck to all in the playoffs
Playoffs begin in the 40 & Over League Monday July 25th and in the 50 & Over League July 28th.
The Championship Week should be August 15th, weather permitting.
Starting July 25th all 50 & over games played on Thursdays at Eisenhower Park will continue on the Lighted Field D. Game times are from 6:30-8:00pm All games at Bellmore JFK will start at 6:45pm and all games at Shell Creek Park have starting times at 7:15 & 8:30pm
You asked for it and it's coming: "POPS 60 & Over Softball" will be starting in Spring 2017. Start spreading the word. All games will be played on Wednesday evenings, so as not to conflict with any 40 or 50 & Over games. Registration will be limited as we can only start with 6 teams. All players currently playing in POPS will get the 1st opportunity to play.
FALL Ball - Applications for 2016 will be online in August 1st at this POPS Softball website: www.popsoftball.com
Congratulations to the following POPS Scholarship Award Winners:
1) Hailey Arm 2) Joseph Delgiorno
3) Dylan Jacobs 4) Matt Kovitz
5) Amanda Lastella
* Special THANKS to Mark Dorfman who raised over $2,000 for donations to help out our communities.