|POPS Philosophy: To provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment to play competitive softball, for all levels of play.|
Today. Aug, 1:30pm
* A special THANKS goes out to Mark Brook,Frank Commuzie and Howie Gallub, who work tirelessly to get these fields ready for each game.
*Additional shout out to Tony Spataro and all the players from all the teams for their help with the field.
* If there is a chance of rain... Check back to this site at around 4-5pm. Contact your manager, as they will be the 1st to be informed once the grounds crew or parks make decisions about the fields.
TBD = To Be Determined by the Park or Grounds Crew.
Which Fields, What Days, What Times?
Below is a list of fields we play on with the times of games on those fields. Note that adjustments to days/times may be made on occasion during the season.
Congratulations to the Following POPS Championship Teams:
40 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Zimmerman
B Division Team - Lashinsky
C Division Team - Bogatz
50 & Over League Champs -
A Division Team - Pastuch
B Division Team - Gallub
C Division Team - Smith
FALL Ball - Applications for 2016 are NOW online in the above tab.
Individuals and teams are welcome.
There are 3 leagues to join: the 40 / 50 & Over League, Father & Son League and the 60 & Over League.
* We are still looking for 1-2 Father Son groups to fill our last team.
* Anyone interested in UMPIRING for Fall Ball contact me via email at: email@example.com
The POPS end of the year DINNER will be held on Tuesday, September 6th, at Oceanside Jewish Center starting at 7:00pm.
ALL POPS players are invited and welcome. The fee is $35 for a dinner worth twice that.
The POPS All- Star Games are scheduled to be played on Tuesday, August 23rd at Oceanside HS. The rain date will be Aug. 24th. We will start with the 50 & Over game at 6:30pm, followed by the Charity game at 7:45pm and finish with the
40 & over game at 9:00pm. Its a festive night to raise money for families in need. There will be a concession stand run by the Eisner Family and a 50/50 raffle.
All are welcome to come down and enjoy.
The Championship Week should be August 15th, weather permitting.
You asked for it and it's coming: "POPS 60 & Over Softball" will be starting in Spring 2017. Start spreading the word. All games will be played on Wednesday evenings, so as not to conflict with any 40 or 50 & Over games. Registration will be limited as we can only start with 6 teams. All players currently playing in POPS will get the 1st opportunity to play.
Congratulations to the following POPS Scholarship Award Winners:
1) Hailey Arm 2) Joseph Delgiorno
3) Dylan Jacobs 4) Matt Kovitz
5) Amanda Lastella
* Special THANKS to Mark Dorfman who raised over $2,000 for donations to help out our communities.